Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sealing A Juvenile Record

Why go through life with a criminal history when you don’t have to? Your juvenile record does appear on your criminal record. However, there are steps available to make sure your juvenile records are sealed.
  1. If you are 18 years old, or 5 years has passed since the jurisdiction of the juvenile court have been terminated;
  2. Since becoming an adult you have not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude;
  3. The juvenile crime is not listed under 707(b) (a serious or violent offense);
  4. There is no pending civil litigation, fines, fees, or warrants;
  5. And the court has deemed you rehabilitated.
Juvenile records ARE NOT automatically sealed on your 18th birthday. There is a process to getting your records sealed which the Law Office of Katie Walsh can help you with. A petition needs to be requested, application completed and background investigation needs to be completed by probation. An interview will be conducted with probation, and then a court hearing. Aside from the interview, an attorney can complete the entire process for you.

You want to seal your juvenile records because you can truthfully state to employers and universities that you have no criminal history. Employers will not see you record, and you will not be discriminated against for job because of your past. You want to seal your records so the mistakes you made as a kid do not follow you around.

Should your first request not be granted by the court, you can always reapply to have your records sealed.

If you need help with your case please contact the Law Office of Katie Walsh at (714) 619-9355.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment